- Promote Your Venue to event organisers using our free promotional pages, locality maps, videos, mailing lists and app-driven push technology;
- Generate Additional Revenue by allowing potential Event Organisers to check availability and request a booking for your venue using our EasyBook book-in-one-place venue booking system. Choose who you want to accept or refuse with a click of the mouse based on your availability, the information they provide and their profile;
- Maximise your Occupancy by using our databases and data-marketing to maximise your venue occupancy through special offers and promotions.
Check out our Event Venue faqs below. Cannot find an answer? Ask us…
Event Venues faqNo FAQs Found
- Promote Your Event to local eventgoers using our locality maps, mailing lists and app-driven push technology
- Generate Additional Revenue by allowing potential stallholders to request a booking for your event either using our EasyBook book-in-one-place stallholder booking system. Choose who you want to accept or refuse with a click of the mouse based on the information they provide and their trader profile.
- Find, Check Availability and Book Venues Easily and check out Event Services companies using our directories. Promote your business by listing your company as an Event Organiser.
Check out our Event Organiser faqs below. Cannot find an answer? Ask us…
Event Organisers faqNo FAQs Found
- Research and Book Stalls at Events and Markets All In One Place, read reviews from attendees and stallholders from previous years to get a good idea whether the event fits the profile of your stall and the products you sell;
- Check Availability for any Event Listed and Make Multiple Bookings for a Number of Events All In One Place using our EasyBook book-in-one-place stallholder booking system. Choose who you want to confirm or cancel with a click of the mouse based on the information the event provides and the event profile. Keep Track of Your Bookings – Booking information and invoices conveniently stored in your Member Area and available at any time.
- Secure Better Venues by Promoting your Stall. Show event owners how good you are and make the better events want you as a trader. List your stall with photographs and sales copy to show what you do and generate more bookings at better, more profitable events;
Check out our Stallholder faqs below. Cannot find an answer? Ask us…
What is the Returns and Refund Policy?
Returns should be accepted for defective, damaged or broken goods with a replacement offered or a full refund. No commission will be charged on returns in this category and no payment will be made to charity.
On other items (eg. wrong size; “changed my mind”; not suitable) we recommend vendors operate a 30-day returns period acceptance where the buyer pays return postage.
However each vendor can set returns their own returns and refund policies, with the additional flexibility to set different return policies for domestic and international returns. For example, you can choose to offer free returns domestically and, in the same listing, offer paid returns to an international buyer.
Ultimately how you deal with returns is your decision. It is clearly in everyone’s interest to treat customers fairly and reach agreement with your customer, but if all else fails you and your customer can enter our Dispute Resolution Procedure. Contact us for more information.
How fast am I expected to ship products? Do I have to ship every day?
We prefer you to ship daily but if you do not we ask that you manage your customers’ expectations by giving them indicative delivery dates. It is a good idea to keep in contact with your customers and advise them of delivery dates and any anticipated problems at all times.
What happens when I want to close the store for a holiday?
You can close your store at any time and reopen it at any time. Please make sure your item shipping is complete before leaving.
How do I manage stock levels and inventory?
You can set inventory and mark a product as in or out of stock through your vendor control panel.
How do I add new products? Do they have to be added one at a time?
You can add products individually one at a time. If you want to add a large number of products in bulk we can add them for you. We will need a CSV file but we may be able to assist (and provide instructions) if your files are in WooCommerce (or any other WordPress based system) or Shopify, and for many other online stores. Contact us for more information.
Can I set my own postage, packing and shipping fees?
Yes you can set the price for postage, packaging and shipping within your store management area. Alternatively if you have the dimensions and weight of your products we can automatically calculate Royal Mail and International Parcel Post pricing to almost any destination.
My products come in different sizes and colours, some of which may be at different prices. Can this be shown?
Yes our pages can show a range of product variations in different sizes with different prices if necessary.
Are there any restrictions on the number of product photographs or the length of description?
No but we prefer you have more than one photograph and we recommend you have several. Your description can be as short or long as you like.
Are there any restrictions on the numbers of products a vendor can list?
No you can list as many products as you like.
Who chooses the charity, can there be multiple charities and are there any restrictions on charities chosen?
Each vendor chooses their own charity or charities. Up to three charities can be chosen per vendor. Chosen charities must be registered with the UK charity commission.
Aside from the commission are there any other additional fees or charges?
No we only charge the 15% commission on the sale price. There are no additional listing or promotional fees. You only pay on what you sell.
What does the 15% commission cover?
The 15% commission is allocated 5% to charity and the remainder to cover Charity Fair’s sales, site, editorial and advertising and marketing costs including social media promotion. There are no additional fees or hidden charges. Our commission includes VAT at the prevailing UK rate.
Is commission charged on shipping?
There is no commission charged on postage, packaging or shipping. It is levied only on the sale price of the goods.
How quickly is payment made?
Payment is taken as the transaction completes with the vendor receiving the sale price less commission but plus postage and packaging fees immediately into their processor account (we use Stripe for processing).
What percentage of the sale goes to charity?
Of the 15% commission paid on the sale price a 5% payment is made to the charity (or charities) of the seller’s choice.
What is the percentage taken as commission?
We take 15% commission of the sale price of the product. It is deducted as the transaction is made so you receive your payment with the commission deducted. There is no commission on additional fees such as postage and packing.
- Recruit More Participants for Your Activity: Promote your activity and list when and where it is happening across the goodlocally network;
- Take Bookings through our Portals and Launch your own Micro-Site: Get listed across our network and instantly launch your own fully responsive microsite to promote your activity. Take bookings on both;
- Use Our Promotion and Data Marketing Tools to build mailing lists and develop your social media presence to reach people local to you who are interested in your activity;
Check out our Activity Organiser faqs below. Cannot find an answer? Ask us…
Activity Organiser faqNo FAQs Found
- Generate Business by Going Where Your Customers Go: Event organisers use Good Locally to Find Events and Stallholders. Use our Event Services Directory to make sure they find you, not your competitors;
- Build Your Local Business: Get listed and promoted to Events, Venues and Stallholders local to you to maximise your sales opportunities;
- Use Advertising and Data Marketing to target sales and marketing messages directly at events about to happen in your area;
Check out our Event Service Provider faqs below. Cannot find an answer? Ask us…
Event Service Providers faqNo FAQs Found
- Find upcoming events close to you. Click the Compass Symbol on the search form to localise to where you are;
- Select event types according to your locality or interests or use a general search to get a choice;
- Never miss a Good Local Event: Use our once-a-week localised reminders (via email or messaging) to make sure you don’t miss out on great local events in your area.
Check out our Eventgoer faqs below. Cannot find an answer? Ask us…